A sudden diagnosis of a terminal illness in our beloved companion animal (whether homed or un-homed) throws our world upside down. There is shock, denial, and disbelief and we try to figure out what we can do to prolong the life of our companion animal whose days with us are numbered. We bargain, try to reason out, and do all in our capacity for a miracle to happen. It is foolish to say we will prepare ourselves for the loss, but the reality is, we never can. Anticipatory grief of the impending loss of companion animals is a terrible feeling that so many of us go through. While we cannot undo what is written in destiny, we can come together in the hour of need to give you the strength you need to make the most of the time you are left with your companion animal.
To join the anticipatory grief support group, please write at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention your name and the context in which you would like to attend the anticipatory grief support group meeting.
The anticipatory grief support group meeting (a first of its kind in India) will be held on the 15th of October, 2023 at 2030 hours Indian Standard Time (IST).
We bridge time zones too, so you are most welcome to join us from any corner of the world. We stand united together with you.
The meeting will be moderated by Dr. Kuhu Roy (Co-founder, Bridging Rainbows, Pet Loss Grief Specialist/Counselor Trainee).
- Participation is free of cost, as it is a social service in honour of our beloved Butter.
- A maximum of six participants will be considered for one session.
- No racist, religious, casteist, sexist and political content will be entertained, failing which you will be barred from participating in any of the activities of ‘Bridging Rainbows.’
- ‘Bridging Rainbows’ expects from its participants to maintain confidentiality about the conversations that will take place in the support group meeting.
- The founders of Bridging Rainbows, moderators and the participants will only be responsible for their views and actions and not for anyone else.
- Please obtain parental consent if you are aged below 18 years.