By Dr. Kuhu Roy
The loss of a companion animal, homed (pets) or un-homed (strays), is overwhelming for those of us who are profoundly bonded with them.
If you want to share your grief, lighten your heart by being in the company of empaths, or want to stand in solidarity with those who have lost their animal companion (homed/un-homed, pet, stray), please join us for the support group meeting slated for the 25th of September at 2030 hours Indian Standard Time (IST). Write to us at email@example.com for the meeting ID and passcode. Please do remember to mention your name and also the context in regard to which you would like to attend the support group meeting. We also bridge time zones, you are welcome to join us from any corner of the world.
Or, if you know someone who is suffering from the loss of their animal companion, please let them know about the Bridging Rainbows support group meetings. No one should ever suffer in silence.
The meeting will be moderated by Dr. Christy Burbidge (LCSW, Ph.D | Author & Editor, FreedomChaser Books), who has volunteered to offer her services and Dr. Kuhu Roy (Co-founder, Bridging Rainbows).
Please read the rules
- Participation is free of cost, as it is a social service in honour of beloved Butter (Bridging Rainbows is humbled to be inducted on a complimentary basis by the President of Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement (APLB), into the APLB family, enlisted in their directory of services, offering no-cost support group services, putting India on the world map, as a country that addresses the burning issue of animal companion loss).
- A maximum of six participants will be considered for one session.
- No racist, religious, casteist, sexist and political content will be entertained, failing which you will be barred from participating in any of the activities of ‘Bridging Rainbows.’
- ‘Bridging Rainbows’ expects from its participants to maintain confidentiality about the conversations that will take place in the support group meeting.
- The founders of Bridging Rainbows, moderators and the participants will only be responsible for their views and actions and not for anyone else.
- Please obtain parental consent if you are aged below 18 years.